Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for easyBacklog?
- Will easyBacklog help me manage my team or remove the need for the physical aspects of scrum?
- Why should I use easyBacklog?
- How much do you charge to use easyBacklog?
- Will you start charging, and what will happen if you do?
- Who owns the data, and how portable is it?
- Can I integrate with easyBacklog, and do you have an API?
- How secure is easyBacklog and my data?
- Why don't you support my browser?
- I have some suggestions for your product, who should I speak to?
- I have a problem, who can I speak to?
It's free and takes less than a minute. Visit our sign up page and enter your login details now.
Well yes and no. easyBacklog is opinionated software designed to address the following requirements:
- Rapidly set up and manage an ever changing backlog
- Powerful version control to ensure you can compare backlogs at any point in time. This is one of the killer features which helps provide the elusive "fixed cost agile" solution for agencies and in-house teams with a fixed budget or fixed set of resources and stakeholders to answer to
- Sprint planning and management
- Provide aids to streamline the agile process such as printing, exporting, reporting
- Useful as both an estimation and production tool in that it's quick to build estimates, but easy to evolve these estimates into a complete backlog which can then serve as a project spec
What easyBacklog is not designed to do is:
- Replace any core agile processes such as scrums, retrospectives, stand ups or planning poker
- Replace the sprint scrum board, we advocate that you still you use physical story cards on an information radiator (a board in simple speak). We'll help you print those cards on double sided paper though, so we'll save you a load of time.
- easyBacklog is not a collaboration and communication tool for your team. We're very focussed on building the best backlog management tool out there, and to achieve that we need to keep the interfaces clean and functionality relevant.
So the answer is yes in that we help to reduce the burdens associated with managing backlogs, sprints and change, and the answer is also no because easyBacklog is not a communication tool between teams intentionally.
Best explained in a few succinct points:
- Excellent fluid and fast backlog management with complete keyboard control for speed
- Because of the incredible snapshot system, easyBacklog allows you to work with a fixed budget or deadline yet allow for agile change throughout
- Purpose built for managing backlogs and sprints, so we do that better than anyone else
- We streamline the agile process, we don't get in it's way
Currently we are not charging anyone for access to easyBacklog.
Yes, at some point we will start charging, but our focus now is entirely on getting more users, and making sure we have a product our customers are happy to pay for.
At this stage, we have not decided what we will be charging as we are evaluating who are our most demanding users, what it will take for us to remain competitive, and what our customers are happy to pay. Either way, when we do start charging we will always have free plans for light users.
Please note: Whilst we will start charging, all existing users will continue to have access to easyBacklog and any backlogs they have set up indefinitely. You will never find yourself in a difficult situation where you are being forced to sign up when we start charging, it will always be your choice, and anything you have access to today you will always have access to.
You own your data completely. We obviously have the right to hold onto your data for as long as you need it, however if you wish to delete your account and stop using easyBacklog, please get in touch with us and we will delete all of your data upon request.
All of your data is extremely portable as well. We are big supporters of an open data policy, so all backlog data along with sprint and snapshot information is available to everyone by simply suffixing a backlog URL with .xml
For example, if you view a backlog and the URL in your browser URL bar is:
then simply suffix the URL with .xml to download all of your data in a portable XML format, for example:
Yes, anyone can integrate with easyBacklog, and we'd be happy to help you with any integrations you are developing. All users of easyBacklog automatically have access to our API service. To find out more, visit the API service description page.
easyBacklog is hosted on scalable Amazon Web Services within a secured network. We have chosen Amazon Web Services because of their proven ability to scale when demand increases, proven robustness, and vast array of services we can leverage off.
Don't worry, some of the most forward thinking companies in the world such as Ericsson, The Guardian, Foursqure and Sega rely on Amazon for their infrastructure, so we're confident we've chosen the best solution.
Backups of the database are made daily, so your data is secure even if our servers go offline.
We use SSL for all connections to easyBacklog, so all communication with our servers is over a secure channel and cannot be intercepted by hackers.
Sorry, but in order to ensure easyBacklog provides the best experience for most of our users, we made the decision to only support modern browsers.
If you are using an older browser such as Internet Explorer 7, then please remember that you're using a 8 year old browser and it really is time to upgrade. If you're not able to upgrade your Internet Explorer version, then we recommend you try one of the other many free browsers such as Chrome or Firefox
We're always open to suggestions, and we love to hear from users of easyBacklog to hear about how you use the product and what you need from it moving forwards.
We have a very active support forum and knowledgebase where we'd love to hear your suggestions.
You can get in touch with us via email or via our support forum, and we'll get back to you quickly.